Airport Advisory Groups Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this a paid position?
- These are volunteer positions.
- What is the time commitment?
- Beginning early 2019, each advisory group will convene at key milestones throughout the visioning process. No more than six meetings are anticipated and members should plan on a time commitment of approximately three to five hours per month. At the end of this process, the advisory groups will evolve as the project transitions into its subsequent phase.
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- All interested citizens are encouraged to apply. Final appointments will consider experience and expertise relevant to each specific group. Learn more about participation guidelines and expectations below.
- What is the decision-making process?
- Recommendations made by the citizen-driven Airport Vision Committee, along with input from the topic-focused Airport Advisory Groups and overarching community, will inform the County’s decision-making process.
Participation Guidelines and Expectations
The Airport Advisory Groups comprise representatives from neighborhood groups, businesses organizations, civic interests, and other engaged individual community members. Advisory group members will be expected to:
- Act as a representative of the community. Although everyone has diverse personal opinions, advisory group members will put aside personal interests and participate in a manner that represents the best interest of the community as a whole, and the organizations they may represent.
- Bring ideas and collaborate. Airport vision meetings will be productive forums for ideas, issues, solutions, and feedback. Prior to meetings, advisory group members will solicit input and feedback from their constituents.
- Respect the ideas of others. Even though advisory group members may disagree with some ideas brought to the table, it is important to listen and consider everyone’s input. At times, members will agree to respectfully disagree.
- Be available. It is anticipated that each advisory group will meet no more than six times throughout the 12-month vision process, and members should anticipate a time commitment of approximately three to five hours per month.
- Focus on the task at hand. Advisory group members will be asked for input tailored to specific topics and to focus on the task at hand (e.g. identifying issues and providing input, rather than jumping to conclusions) to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Serve as a project partner and share information. Advisory group members are expected to share accurate project information and encourage others to get involved.