The role of the AVC is to serve as the overarching project advisory committee focused on holistic project development. Recommendations from the AVC, along with input from the topic-focused Work Groups and overarching community, will inform the County’s decision-making process.
The AVC will be convened at key project milestones to:
- Establish guiding principles for the airport vision process and facilitate a two-way community-focused dialogue
- Provide input on preliminary project concepts and refine information for community-wide outreach
- Provide a forum for consolidating, integrating, and reporting out the vision and recommendations developed by the working and focus groups
- Identify priority issues and consider input from the project’s topic-specific Work Groups
- Activate and deploy the project’s Focus Group
- Serve as project partners to share information and help identify community priorities