WHAT IS ASE VISION?
The 14-month public visioning process and dialogue will take a holistic look at an overall vision for the airport. This will determine what specific projects and elements are included in the Airport Modernization Program.
TIMELINE AND HOW DID WE GET HERE?
- 2012: Airport Master Plan Update and Airport Layout Plan – identified need for improvements.
- 2014 – 2016: Air Service Study to consider potential future changes in air service industry. Resulted in revisions to the improvement recommendations in the Master Plan Update.
- 2015: FAA approves revised Airport Layout Plan.
- 2016 – 2018: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Environmental Assessment.
- 2018: FAA issues Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) on the Environmental Assessment, allowing the ASE Visioning process to move forward.
- 2018: County initiates next phase of the Program and public process with the community. This includes defining the community vision, which will inform the implementation of the Program.
- 2018 – 2020: Define airport modernization elements in more detail with community input and dialogue.
THE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT APPROACH IS DESIGNED AROUND FOUR KEY PRINCIPLES:
1) Focus on Community-Oriented Solutions, through engagement and consultation.
2) Understand Project Facts, starting with a common understanding of technical information to guide dialogue about trade-off decisions.
3) Collaborate Around the Airport’s Future, develop a structured process for substantive and meaningful dialogue.
4) A Better Experience for Everyone, make investments that result in better experiences for airport patrons.